I spent six years of my post high school life in blue collar employment, excelling in mechanical and electrical maintenance and fabrication. I learned what hard work and honesty meant in the trenches of factory life and certainly made me appreciate my goals and successes I have now. It fed the gearhead in my soul, but barely the family I had at home.
I’m a college graduate of Herzing University with a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology Management with a minor in Network Technology and Security. Yes, I know subnetting, Active Directory Group Policy Objects, and Microsoft Project.
You can see my professional history on LinkedIn.
And if you even thought that this blog may be an official post or opinion any employer, past or present – you’re in need of some serious internet schooling. These posts are my opinions – nothing more, nothing less. And don’t you forget it!
I enjoy gadgets, technology, and new stuff with blinky lights or shiny widgets. I want to take it all apart and see what makes it tick – then see if I can make it better, faster, or at least make it functional again. That’s primarily what this blog is about. If I’m looking for an answer to a problem and find an interesting answer – I’ll share it here.
And just for good measure:
The ten questions by Bernard Pivot that host James Lipton asks every guest are:
1. What is your favorite word? Terahertz (cloud scale compute!)
2. What is your least favorite word? “like”
3. What turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]? new technology and classic styling
4. What turns you off? stupid people
5. What is your favorite curse word? Scheisse!
6. What sound or noise do you love? My kids laughing.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? silence, especially in a data center.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Rally Car lead mechanic
9. What profession would you not like to do? Talk show host
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Your kids are safe and sound, you did good – bar is open and first round is on me.